Amplify Science is a comprehensive K–8 science program that blends literacy-rich activities, hands-on investigations, and engaging digital experiences to empower students to think, read, write, and argue like 21st-century scientists and engineers.
- Lesson videos for students – Self-guided videos that teach students how to think, read, write, and argue like real scientists and engineers.
- Independent skills practice – K-5: Game-based adventures that provide students with instruction and practice in foundational reading skills. 6-8: Self-guided videos that teach students how to think, read, write, and argue like real scientists and engineers.
- Read aloud lessons videos for students – K-5: Students go on a Knowledge Journey through American history to learn about Colonial America, how the United States became a nation, and the War of 1812. They watch videos, listen to read-alouds, and discover new words. 6-8: Comprehensive novel guides for middle school favorites. Guides can be teacher-directed or used as an independent study.
- Novel guides – K-5: Students dive deep into award-winning novels through writing and reflection, practicing vocabulary, and grappling with questions that promote social-emotional learning. 6-8: Fourteen self-guided lessons for the novel Summer of the Mariposas, including video interviews with author Guadalupe Garcia McCall.
- Guided skills practice – K-5: Resources for families to practice and reinforce important literacy skills at home. 6-8: Lesson videos and student assignments for Edgar Allan Poe’s classic short story, “The Tell-Tale Heart.”
These activities are free and easy to use at home until July 1, 2020. Visit their available free resources.